September 13, 2019
Current Flood Stage: 15.02’ 11:15AM
- Rock Rapids Utilities & City of Rock Rapids are continuing to monitor the Rock River levels and forecast. The river is expected to crest at 22.8” at 7:00AM September 14. We will alert all public if there are any changes to this forecast or in case of emergency. For reference, the river crested at 27 feet during the flood in 2014.
- Island Park & Campground has been evacuated and the cabins have been removed. All cars need to be removed from the pool parking lot as soon as possible.
- Westside park is still open for camping at this time. This may change as water levels rise, we will be providing updates as situations change.
- Reminder to all residents that the trail system may be affected by flood waters and to use extreme caution.
- Residents are encouraged to monitor their sump pumps and basements. Remember sump pumps need to be pumped to the street and NOT into the sewer system.
- Barricades are up at different areas around town. Please use caution when driving and DO NOT drive around barricades.
- Sand and sandbags are available at the Public Works shop. Residents are responsible for filling/transporting their own sandbags as needed. No volunteers are required at this time.
Follow the Rock Rapids Utilities Facebook page and rockrapids.com for updates.