Rock Rapids Utilities


Rock Rapids Utilities


Contact Us

Utility Rates

Residential Appl

Business Appl

Customer Gas Pipe

Pay Options

ACH Form

Options 2000

Options Appl

Bright Energy


Bright Ideas




Welcome to Rock Rapids Municipal Utilities

Your Locally Owned Utility Provider of Natural Gas, Electricity, Water & Sewer in Rock Rapids, Iowa

Our website is          

Sign up for Peak Alerts on snowcap

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

General Information about Rock Rapids Municipal Utilities

Rock Rapids Municipal Utilities is the provider of all natural gas, electricity, water, and sewer utilities in town.  As a locally owned municipal company, we pride ourselves in offering our customers the best value for their dollar. Our customers are our owners.

All residential customers need to complete an residential application for service. This must include information on any adult over the age of 18 living in the residence. Please be prepared to provide employment information, social security numbers and signatures for all adult residents. This form needs to be completed whenever you move into a new or different residence in town.

All commercial customers need to complete an business application for service. Please be prepared to provide a billing address, owner/officer contact information, federal identification number and signature.

All new customers have the option of (1) providing an acceptable letter of credit for each service (gas, electricity, water) or (2) making a deposit for the services provided. Acceptable letters of credit can have no more than one late payment in the past twelve months. Deposits are based on the highest usage in the past twelve months at the location where service will be provided.

Deposits are held until twelve consecutive months of timely payments are received. Deposits are refunded, with interest, at the next billing cycle and will be applied to your account. If a customer moves out of our service area before the twelve month requirement is met, the deposits will be refunded with the final billing for the property.

Utility bills are always due on the 15th of the month. They may be dropped into one of the drop boxes any time on the 15th (including the overnight hours) and be considered paid on time. Any bill postmarked on the 15th is also considered paid on time.

Click here to see our 2018 Water Quality Report.

Click here to see our Excess Flow Valve Notice.

Before you dig, be sure to call Iowa One-Call (811 or 1-800-292-8989) 48 hours in advance. All necessary utilities will come out and mark the underground lines so you can be sure to avoid hitting them when you dig. Take the time to call - it’s the law.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 472-2511 or by e-mail.

Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs).  Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.  To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: 

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
  Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
  1400 Independence Avenue, SW
  Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax (202) 690-7442: or
(3) email

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.