Rock Rapids Municipal Utilities mails the utility bill statements around the 25th of each month. They are due on the 15th of the following month. Payment can be made in five easy ways.
- We have two drop boxes for the payment of your bills. One is located in the side of the building at 310 S. Third Avenue. The other is located curbside in front of our building. Just drive up on the cement terrace (follow the arrows), drop your payment in the box and exit out the driveway.
- Payment may also be made in person. Stop into the office and leave your payment at the counter.
- Mail your payment to Rock Rapids Municipal Utilities, 310 S. Third Avenue, Rock Rapids, IA 51246.
- We also offer the convenience of direct debiting a bank account at any federally insured bank in the country. Fill out the Direct Debit form and return it to our office. If this option is selected, your bank account will be debited the 15th of each month. You will continue to receive your bill around the 25th of the previous month.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit cards. Contact the office to provide the necessary information for this transaction to occur. We are required to pass a convenience fee along to the customer, which is a small percentage of your bill. We will inform you of the amount before processing the charges.
Rock Rapids Municipal Utilities also allows residential customers to enter into an average monthly payment (AMP) plan. The cost of your utility usage is spread evenly over 12 months, guaranteeing your utility bill is the same each month. These plans are reviewed yearly to see if your monthly payment needs to be adjusted. If you are interested in this plan, stop in the office or call for the average monthly payment on your residence. There is an application form that would have to be signed before this option can begin.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 472-2511 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Forms
City: (712) 472-2553
Chamber: (712) 472-3456
Development: (712) 472-4585
Utilities: (712) 472-2511